Monday, July 15, 2013

Washington, Week 11


Well, this week has been very challenging, but we were also rewarded with something very wonderful!
Tuesday we went to a special conference to meet our new mission president, President Choi (pronounced Chay). He and his wife are just wonderful! 
Wednesday we spent most of the day going around tracting/handing out flyers for our ward's pancake breakfast the next day.
Thursday on the 4th of July, we went to our ward's pancake breakfast/flag-raising ceremony. Then we had to go over to a family barbecue that some less-active members invited us to. They introduced us to their whole family, so that was good. Then we had to run to another barbecue that we were invited to at Jan Lee's house (she's the one that was baptized back in September), then we went to our dinner appointment with Blanca ;) Then we had to be in our apartment by 6:00. That was a little disappointing, but I know it was for our protection. Even though I was a little sad to be away from my family for one of my favorite holidays, I was very thankful that there are people in our ward who love us so much and who wanted to make sure that we had a good holiday. I was able to be around people who I know love me, who also distracted me from being away from family. I am very thankful for that.
Friday night, I was overcome with a desire to cut my hair off!! So...I did! ;) haha It's much lighter and easier to manage with my limited time to get ready in the morning. I really like it.
Then yesterday we had another appointment with Jerry, and he committed to prepare for baptismon August 18th!! He said "Yes!" before we even finished asking him! :) I am SO happy! He's excited and this week he is starting to cut off his coffee consumption. Sue (the lady he takes care of) said the closing prayer after our lesson and she said, "I'm just thrilled to death that Jerry is getting baptized." :) It was SO wonderful! She also said to Jerry, "When is your wife getting baptized?" haha ;) She's such a wonderful missionary with her innocent ways. :) So, that was the big miracle that happened this week! I'm so extremely happy for Jerry and for his desire to draw closer to the Lord. It has been wonderful watching his heart soften and his faith grow!
Well, I believe that's it for this week! Keep looking for those missionary opportunities that are all around you!
I love you! Thank you for your prayers and support!
Oh, and I also gave Blanca a haircut this week ;)
Love, Sister Stanley
Washington Seattle Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment