Monday, March 11, 2013

My Calling

Early on the morning of Saturday, March 9th, 2013, my mom came in my room to wake me up, telling me that today was a special day. Still groggy, I tried asking her why. She just kept telling me to get up and that I would see. As I'm trying to get myself out of bed, I hear our garage door open and close, then in walks my dad holding a large white envelope! I was shocked, as I was expecting it the following Wednesday. The post office had called my dad and told him that it had come, and that mission calls never come on Saturdays!
Suddenly, I was wide awake!!
At first glance, I noticed that the letter was significantly shorter than the last time I received my mission call. I had a moment of panic, thinking I hadn't received a call. ;) But then I read this:
I have been reassigned to my previous calling, and I am thrilled! I am so very excited and blessed for this calling. Although I am a little overwhelmed to be leaving in just one month, I know it will all work out! I'm so excited! Sister Stanley, called to serve in the Washington Everett Mission, as an English-speaking missionary! I am reporting to the Provo Missionary Training Center on April 10th, 2013! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment