Sunday, June 2, 2013

Washington, Week 5


This week was very challenging, but also rewarding!
I asked Blanca if she would be baptized by someone holding the proper priesthood authority of God, and she said yes! June 15th is the date! I am so incredibly happy for her! She is going to be such an amazing member of the church!
This week we also helped a member move. She was so filled with gratitude when we went over to her apartment and I told her we could get the use of a giant truck and members of the ward. That was really rewarding to me and I was so thankful that I could help someone to feel such gratitude.
Also, Sunday we got to go to the Jon Schmidt concert/fireside in Arlington. It was so great! I invited the same ward member to go with us and she just kept telling us thank you so much. She doesn't have a home and is actually not sure where she'll be going next, so that's why she is so thankful for our help. I was so happy I got to be a part of helping her.
This week we have also had a lot of half and half weather days. Saturday morning was sunny and warm, Saturday evening was pouring rain. Sunday morning was pouring rain and Sunday evening it stopped again. The saying around here is if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. But yesterday was pouring rain all day. The first full rainy day that I have experienced since being here.
I also had my first "door-slam" this week! It surprises me just how little it effected me. I was so worried that it would make me sad, but we just went to the next door and tried again. It was actually kind of funny because right before slamming the door, she said, "...and I'm being nice!" ;) I was like, OK, thanks for not being mean! ;) It was silly.
Well, I think that's about it for this week. Thank you so much for all your support and love and prayers. It truly means the world to me. I have seen missionaries who don't have the support that I do, and it just makes me so, so thankful for each one of you!
I love you!
Love, Sister Stanley
Washington Everett Mission
P.S. 1st pic: Ready to work
2nd pic: the caterpillar tree at the dog beach...just about the grossest thing I have ever seen. It was COVERED in these caterpillar nests
3rd pic: not pleased with the cold, rainy day


No comments:

Post a Comment