Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Washington, Week 9

Monday evening we taught a lesson to a part-member family. The mom is a member, as well as the 14-year-old daughter, but they just starting to come back to church. The little boy just turned 9 on Sunday and he is not baptized yet. Also, her sometimes-live-in boyfriend is not a member, so we are teaching those 2. We also taught them again Friday evening.


Unfortunately, Tuesday I was very ill, and basically confined to our apartment all day, but thankfully I got over that quickly!!

Wednesday we met with the same lady who bore her testimony for the first time in 10 years after we visited with her. She told us that she has spoken to the bishop about returning to the temple. She said that ever since the first time we visited with her, she has felt someone "on her tail" about getting back to the temple and she told the bishop that she really wants to go when we are still here so that we can go with her ;) We'll have to get special permission for that, but it really touched me hearing that. :)

Wednesday we also did a lot of service, and then we had a lesson with Blanca and Tiffany again, and that's always great! :)

We called a referral that was in our area book. When I was on exchange last week, we called the referral center and found out that nobody had ever followed up on it and it came in December! Anyway, we called her up and she was really happy to hear from us! We will probably meet with her this week! Hopefully!

Thursday we had a "special conference". It was basically Pres and Sister Wilson's last opportunity to instruct us, as they will be going back home at the end of this week! It was really good and they said lots of things that really helped me. President Wilson talked about how we don't have to be perfect. We just need to start where we are and always strive to move forward. He was definitely inspired to say that for me! ;)

We had another cleaning check this week, so we had to scrub a bit on Thursday (WAY easier than last time!) We also met with the Bishop and with Blanca again on Thursday.

On Friday we had our weekly planning session, then we went to visit a potential name in our area book that had just been popping out at me for the past week. We went to see her, and she invited us right in. She told us that her brother had just passed away. She was very close to him and she cried a few times while we were there. But we shared some of the Plan of Salvation with her and she really liked that. We set up a return appointment with her, so we're very happy about that! :)

Saturday morning, we moved another family. We have moved someone basically every Saturday since we've been here. It's crazy. My skills in moving have really come in handy. While the guys were gone unloading the truck at the new place, I packed up their entire kitchen. I felt pretty proud of that ;) Now I know why I have moved so many times! ;)

Saturday we also went and taught Jerry over at the group family home. Sue too. She's feeling a lot better since her minor heart attack last week. I'm very thankful for that. We watched Finding Faith in Christ with them and then we started reading the Book of Mormon with Jerry. Sue is SO great. She was like, "Jerry, when are you going to join?" ;) haha We love her. I guess she tells Jerry things about the church when we're not there. He mentioned that he'll have to give up some habits and we haven't even taught him about those yet ;)

Saturday we went to Blanca's house again because her fiance Vincent was there and he was asking questions! He's always been very stubborn that he is "not going to become a Mormon"! He mentions it so often that I think he knows that he will ;) Anyway, he asked lots of the "golden questions". We testified that this Church is true and taught him how he can know for himself, and HE PRAYED AT THE END!! It took lots of convincing, but he did it!!

Then the next day we went over there after the Worldwide Leadership Training Conference, and he told us that he had had a dream!! He described that in it he was in a forest, and then this really bright white light appeared and he couldn't see. Then Sis. Redford was in the dream and she was telling him, "Now's your chance Vince, you can ask your question." But he was so shocked by the light that he couldn't think of a question to ask. Well, when we heard this, we freaked out, ran to the living room, and stuck in The Restoration dvd! When it got to the part where the light appeared when Joseph was praying, he exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! That was my dream!" It was a miracle. He has not heard the story of Joseph Smith or ever seen this dvd! It was incredible. He is still being stubborn, but I can see his heart softening and I know that he will join the Church sooner or later. :)

This was a week full of small miracles! How blessed I am to witness them! I am able to feel the Spirit guiding me to these people and it is incredible!

I would like to recommend to everyone that if you haven't already, please watch the Leadership Training from this past Sunday. Please follow the council that is given to talk to everyone, to be a good example, to befriend them, and to invite them to come unto Christ. Don't be scared. :) The Lord will help you.

I love you all! Thank you for your love and support and prayers! It means everything to me to know that I have so many people I love "cheering me on". :)


Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Stanley

Washington Everett Mission




No comments:

Post a Comment